POSITION: Community Outreach/Office Coordinator – FT/min. 40 hours per week
Salary: $36,500/depending on experience – Vacation Time, medical, dental, vision benefits
Care Coalition is seeking a motivated, self-directed, organized individual who will work to empower communities to promote alcohol and drug free lifestyles; build community partnerships with related organizations, provide community-based outreach services, and support coordinated, systemic approaches to the prevention of substance misuse. This position requires the use of a vehicle, may working longer hours, and on weekends as needed and may require out of state travel.
Facilitate and attend community outreach events and trainings. Be knowledgeable of and educate the community or community partners on drug misuse, current trends, prevention and harm reduction ideas and provide linkages to community resources. Set up and break down of events including Care Coalition’s monthly meetings or community events, assist in maintaining and building coalition memberships, promote coalition meetings and special events. Maintain accurate records of event logs, memorandum of understanding, and inventory of brochures, flyers, merchandise, and equipment. Become familiar with local community resources and programs to make appropriate referrals. Attend other agency’s meetings virtually or in person as directed. Take initiative in keeping common areas of the Coalition facility tidy and organized. Ability to push, pull, and lift up to 50 lbs. May include additional tasks, projects, and duties as assigned. This position reports directly to the Outreach/Office Manager.
- High school diploma or higher and demonstrated related work experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Preferred – proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing in Spanish.
- Functionally familiar with utilizing general office equipment. i.e. telephone, desktop, laptop, etc.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft suites. i.e. Outlook, Excel spreadsheets, Word, Power point, Social Media platforms.
- Able to work outside the normal work hours of M – F 8:00 am to 4:00 pm or weekends (Occasionally)
- Able to distinguish and handle issues with sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Time Management and organization skills is a MUST.
- Ability to relate to people of very diverse backgrounds.
- Experience with public speaking.
- Self- motivated and can work independently.
- Critical thinking skills is a must.
- Demonstrate TEAM PLAYER skills.
- Attend trainings, virtual or in person, as directed by Manager.
If offered employment: 1. Applicant must provide evidence of auto insurance and 2. Submit to a preemployment background check.
Please send 1. Cover letter, 2. Resume, 3. Name and contact information to three references to email: info@CareCoalitionNV.org (Put "Careers" in subject line).